Of Counsel Atlanta
P: +1 (980) 219-5200
F: +1 (980) 219-5299
David Coddon is Of Counsel with BridgehouseLaw’s Charlotte office. His practice focuses mainly on data privacy and export compliance. He received his law degree from Case Western Reserve University and holds a Master’s Degree in Political Science from the University of Illinois.
Mr. Coddon has assisted clients from the IT, automotive, and healthcare sectors with the establishment and maintenance of regulatory compliance programs.
He has advised clients on a range of U.S. laws and regulations, including: HIPAA/HITECH; ITAR; EAR; OFAC; FTC Section 5; and pending bills and industry standards pertaining to telematics, geo-location, connected car services, and behavioral advertising.
In addition, he has helped a number of European clients develop mechanisms for the adequate transfer of personal data from the EEA to the U.S. This has included establishing Binding Corporate Rules (BCR); negotiating European Standard Contractual Clauses (ESCC); and helping clients “self-certify” under the new “Privacy Shield” framework.
Focus of practice
- Data Privacy and Compliance
- Information Technology (IT)
- 2015 to Present
- Of Counsel, BridgehouseLaw LLP (Atlanta, Charlotte)
- Consultant, Legitimis Group (Global Data Privacy and Security Consultancy)
- 2012 to 2017 Founder and Principal of CODDICOMM CONSULTING LLC (International Business Consultancy)
- 2008 to 2012
- Research Analyst with WunschArb, Beijing, China
- Intern with Association for International Arbitration, Brussels, Belgium
- Intern with Chicago International Dispute Resolution Association, Chicago, U.S.
- Research Analyst with Troutman Sanders LLP, London, U.K
- Extern with Federal Trade Commission, Cleveland, U.S.
- Illinois Bar
- Kansas Bar